From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
||August 14th, 2011
||Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
||90 Leonardine Ave|
South River, New Jersey
Brawl singles: $10
Brawl doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
||Brawl singles: $1,280|
Brawl doubles: $760
|| Ally 1v1 |
Anti & Mew2King 2v2
||Keitaro, Dmbrandon, Heavy Garbage
KTAR 6 was a tournament held by Keitaro in August 2011, featuring brackets for Brawl, Melee, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4, and Mortal Kombat 9. The tournament was held in South River, New Jersey, and is one of many in the Road to Apex.
KTAR 6 used a modified version of the Unity Ruleset for Brawl matches; the only difference was that Brinstar was banned as a counterpick stage. This was because tournament host Keitaro had left the Unity Ruleset Committee and wanted to let Mew2King, who had just been given a red card for bracket manipulation at GENESIS 2, compete.
- 3 stocks
- 8 minute time limit
- Items are set to “Off” and “None”
- All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
- Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
- There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
- The act of stalling is banned.
- If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
- Pausing may be turned off by request, which cannot be denied. In the event that the game is paused, whether by accident or on purpose, the perpetrating player will lose one stock.
- Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
- Bracket manipulation is banned.
- Substitutes can not be acquired in singles or doubles.
- Note that 2 through 4 won free access to Apex 2012's venue, singles, and doubles.