In Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Archives, found in the Data submenu, allows players to view two videos:
- How to Play: A small instructional video that is to teach players how to play Melee.
- Special Movie: An almost-fifteen minute long video, showing off much of the gameplay in Melee; it features a role-call of the starting fifteen characters, and it also shows multiple aspects of the game, such as various items and trophies, and how the single-player mode works.
Archives are only available in the NTSC versions of Melee; the PAL versions remove the menu and its contents. It is assumed this was done due to the presence of more languages being available causing space concerns.
 In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
This area, found in the Data sub-menu as well, allows a player to watch a video from the following options:
- Subspace Emissary: This option is a submenu containing all the unlocked cutscenes from The Subspace Emissary.
- How to Play: A short video on how to play Brawl.
- E3 2006: The trailer for Brawl shown at E3 2006.
- Game Intro: An overall intro to the game unveiled in October 2007.
- Snake Joins the Brawl: The trailer which revealed more information about Solid Snake's inclusion in Brawl.
- Sonic Joins the Brawl: The trailer which announced Sonic the Hedgehog's inclusion in Brawl.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl menu items
|Group||Brawl (Time · Stock · Coin Battle · Team Battle) · Rules · Special Brawl · Rotation · Tourney · Names|
|Solo||Classic · All-Star · Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary · Events · Stadium (Target Smash! · Home-Run Contest · Multi-Man Brawl · Boss Battles) · Training|
|Wi-Fi||Spectator Mode · With Anyone · With Friends|
|Vault||Trophies & Stickers (Trophy Gallery · Trophy Hoard · Coin Launcher · Sticker Album · Sticker Center) · Stage Builder · Album · Challenges · Replays · Masterpieces · Chronicle|
|Options||Screen · Deflicker · Rumble · Controls · Sound · My Music · Erase Data|
|Data||Movies · Records (Group Records · Brawl Records · Notices) · Sound Test|