From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
(Redirected from Stun Combo
- For the condition that occurs causing characters to shake back and forth while immobile, see Paralyze.
stunned in Super Smash Bros. 4
Being stunned or dazed (referred to as FuraFura in Super Smash Bros. Melee's debug menu and in-game files for Brawl, after the Japanese onomatopoeia for dizziness), an effect known as dizziness in Brawl, is a special condition that leaves a character immobile for a short period of time.
When characters are stunned, they are dazed for a few seconds and cannot perform any actions. The only ways for a character to recover is by flinching, waiting out the condition, or by button mashing to reduce duration.
Unlike most other status effects, characters can escape being stunned easier at higher percentages (whereas asleep, for example, lasts longer at higher percentages). In Smash 64, the base time in frames that a character is stunned can be determined by the formula (400-damage)+60.
The sound effect of being stunned is a cartoony tweet sound effect that loops until the condition is stopped immediately. This sound effect debuted in Melee, and its volume was increased in Brawl. In both games, characters also have a flashing red overlay applied to their model; in Smash 4, however, this only happens when a character's shield is broken.
Causes of Stunning
- Shield break - One of the most common stunning techniques. When the character's shield shatters from overuse of it, the character will be stunned for a short period of time. Some attacks and items are specialised in shattering shields, such as Mr. Saturn and Marth's Shield Breaker.
- Reflector shattering - Reflectors slightly increase the power of what they reflect. If the same projectile is reflected multiple times, the Reflector can be overloaded and shatter like a shield. This is absent in Brawl and Smash 4, where overly powerful projectiles instead pass through reflectors and inflict their damage and knockback to the character.
- Disable - Mewtwo's Disable causes stunning if eye contact is made with it.
- Deku Nut - When the Deku Nut is broken, all grounded characters in its blast radius will be stunned. Deku Nuts also break on their own when not used for a period of time.
- Weavile's False Swipe - Weavile will slash across the stage using its False Swipe move. Any grounded character that makes contact with Weavile's False Swipe will be stunned momentarily. If the player is caught in the attack, it can very difficult to avoid being hit again.
- Wario Waft - When Wario-Man does a barely charged Waft, it briefly stuns opponents.
- Negative Zone - Amongst other effects, exposure to Luigi's Negative Zone can stun opponents. Mid-air characters that are caught within this Final Smash's active radius will fall back to the ground and get stunned.
Ness in a state of dizziness in the original game.
Mario's stun animation in Melee.
Mario is stunned in Brawl.
- In Brawl, Bowser is the only character to lack the tweeting sound effect while he is stunned.