Wario unleashing a fully charged Wario Waft.
|Article on Super Mario Wiki||Wario Waft|
The Wario Waft (ワリオっぺ, Wario tsu pe) is Wario's down special move, which makes use of his flatulence to attack opponents. It becomes more powerful as time passes, ranging from a tiny "poot" to a massive explosion (which has high knockback and damage). As half charged it's his fastest and strongest KO move, activating in only 3 frames when half charged, incredibly fast for a very powerful move. It was first revealed in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's first trailer, where the move created a large explosion, complete with a mushroom cloud completely different to the current one, making believe the people that this move was going to be his Final Smash. It seems that the move cannot have such power in the actual game. When the attack is fully charged, Wario will flash orange. This takes almost 2 full minutes (About 1 minute and 50 seconds). Wario Waft is the only other chargeable attack whose charge is retained even after the user is KO'd, the other one being Oil Panic.
A fully charged Wario Waft from normal Wario does 42% damage (40% plus 2% for being fresh). He also flies into the air a distance that is nearly unrivaled by any recovery move. However, it's possible to self-destruct if Wario flies across the top blast line from performing this move fully charged. While he's Wario-Man, the Wario Waft can do 50% damage if fully charged, and even if it isn't charged up, it has unimaginable power, and is a One-Hit KO. Even if Wario doesn't connect with a fully-charged blast, he can still run into characters while being launched for approximately half damage and strong vertical knockback. It can be set up by an up throw, and also has some use in edgeguarding. A fully charged Wario Waft also has launch resistance.
 Example damages
|Time to charge||Damage||Percent that can KO|
The move is loosely based on a minigame in WarioWare: Smooth Moves where Wario farts briefly but it doesn't create an explosion. Wario also farts in the game Mario Strikers Charged as his special move. However, Mario Strikers Charged was announced after Brawl, yet released a year before Brawl was released. It's possible that his move in Mario Strikers Charged comes from this game, or vice versa. The only difference is that the gas in Mario Strikers Charged is green and only explodes when it touches fire such as the lava in the Lava Pit or Bowser's Fire Storm attack.
"Punish foes with a fart. Don't use it for a while to build the fart's power."
|Side special||Wario Bike|
|Down special||Wario Waft|
- The Wario Waft begins charging once Wario enters the stage. Since the characters in a match enter the stage at different times, this can give a slight (though realistically negligible) advantage to the Wario that enters first in a ditto match.
- In the first SSBB trailer, Wario farts, creating a huge mushroom-shaped cloud before the faces of several shocked Smashers. This was initially believed to be Wario's Final Smash. It's possible that it was planned to be one before it was decided to be made into Wario's down special move.
- A fully charged Wario Waft gives Wario the highest recovery in the game.
- If one looks carefully when Wario has a fully charged fart ready, the player can see that his belly sticks a bit out of his shirt (only when he is in his biker outfit), and this happens in the Brawl trailer.
- Wario will glow a brownish color when Wario Waft is fully charged.
- As seen on the above graph, Wario-Man gets to higher charge levels (except the last) faster than regular Wario does. However, this does not actually speed up the charging process; the two forms simply use different formulas when calculating what charge level the move is at.