Black hole glitch
The black hole glitch is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. Melee that causes several of Peach's Vegetables to become stuck in a small area. If a character touches the concentrated turnips, they will receive massive damage in seconds. The glitch was discovered by Aftermath and Juce in late 2004. There are several ways to perform the glitch. This glitch does not work in Brawl for several reasons, the main reason being the inability to perform the Infinite Super Scope Glitch.
 How to perform the glitch
 Method #1
- 2 Fox/Falco's
- 1 Peach
- 1 Optional character (must be teamed with a Fox or Falco, Friendly Fire turned off.)
- With Ness as the optional character, the player can add on to the black hole with PK Fire (side special move) to make the Ultranova.
- Super Scopes
- Items such as Flippers and Freezies can be thrown at the Black hole for additional effects.
- Temple (recommended)
- Yoshi's Story
- Kongo Jungle
- Mushroom Kingdom
- Yoshi's Island 64
- Jungle Japes
- Dream Land
- Green Greens*
- Pokémon Stadium*
- Flat Zone*
- Fountain of Dreams*
*These stages are not recommended, as the glitch only works when certain platforms are out.
- Have the Foxes/Falcos stand on opposite platforms with a place for someone to stand underneath them.
- Have the character who is on the same team as Fox/Falco get a Super Scope.
- Fire five sets of three uncharged bullets, and then fire two fully charged bullets. Have the character charge up another shot, but get hit while doing so. The Super Scope will now have infinite ammo.
- Have the Foxes/Falcos initiate their shines.
- Have the player with the super scope stand behind the Fox/Falco on its team, and commence firing. The balls should reflect off of both shines, creating a stream of glowing balls flying back and forth.
- Have Peach jump into the shots. When she jumps into it, a blue ball-like thing appears. Have Peach jump into the shots several more times. Also, stop firing then commence firing to help it go faster.
- After a little while, there should be a steady beam of blueish-green and a strange noise. Have Peach throw 15 or so turnips into it. Then, once there is a mass of turnips in the blue beam, disrupt either Fox or Falco's shine.
- A mass of turnips should be floating in the air. About anything can be done to them.
- If someone jump into the turnips, a lot of damage will be dealt very quickly. While being hit by the turnips, it's possible to DI into them to stay in longer, or away to pop out.
 Method #2
There is another way to do the black hole glitch.
- Ice Climbers
- Two Super Scopes
1. First, have the Ice Climbers grab two Super Scopes.
2. Then, do the Infinite Super Scope Glitch (5 sets of 3 shots, followed by 2 fully charged shots, and then get attacked while charging the Super Scope.)
3. Then, have the Ice Climbers shoot their guns. If the bullets come out in pairs (oo oo oo,) have someone attack only one of the Ice Climbers to alter the pattern until it becomes a straight line (o o o o o).
4. Then, have Peach throw 15 or more turnips into the stream of bullets while Ice Climbers keeps shooting.
 Method #3
This is similar to the first alternate method
- 2 Ice Climbers
- 1 Peach
Any flat, calm stage (no movement unique to the stage) that is longer than the range of the Super Scope
4 Super Scopes
1. Get both Ice Climbers each get 2 super scopes.
2. Then, perform the Infinite Super Scope glitch with all 4 of the Super Scopes.
3. At the edge of the flat stage, let then all shot rapidly. It should appear dense (oooooo) instead of having places where they are focused in some positions. (● ● ● ● ● ● or something like that)
4. Let Peach throw turnips toward the Ice Climbers at the tip of the range, constantly being hit while throwing. Unlike the previous two methods, the turnips stand vertically up in a uniform manner, but it still has the same properties. Throw at least 15 turnips.
5. Finally, let the 2 Ice Climbers stop. Unless the turnips aren't dense enough, they will stay in the same place (on the ground, again unlike the previous two).
After the black hole has been made, various things can be done to modify it. When Party Balls are thrown into the black hole, they will get stuck. Anybody who touches the Party Ball will take a large amount of damage.
Certain Pokémon will interact with the black hole.
- If Togepi or Articuno freezes someone who is trapped in the black hole, they will be stuck in one position, and they will continue to use Blizzard indefinitely. Anybody frozen by the Blizzard attack will be stuck in one spot, and will never thaw out.
- If Wobbuffet touches the black hole, it will be stuck in one position, and anyone who touches it will take a huge amount of damage and knockback if the player DIs out of it.
- If Snorlax falls onto somebody who is trapped in the black hole, it will be stuck in its falling position, and anybody who touches it will take a large amount of damage.
- If Fox/Falco uses Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm through the black hole, the blue "Ghost Fox/Falco" will remain behind and not dissipate.
If a character attacks the turnips without getting hit, they may get frozen in place doing that move. Some examples include Samus's forward aerial, Mario's Up-B, and Sheik's chain. Also, if Mr. Game & Watch's Judgement is used into the black hole while another player is trapped within it, its attack will get stuck along with the effect that goes with it (flames, electricity, etc). If players touches the character's attack, they will be hit by the move. If a character is "frozen" during an animation where he/she is invincible, such as Fox/Falco's reflector or Donkey Kong's up special move, that character will not be able to become "unfrozen" unless the black hole is dissipated.
To make the Supernova, have one Fox or Falco die. While they are invincible, make them go into the black hole and use their reflector. They should now be stuck and invincible. Next, have Ness fire 15 PK Fires into the black hole. Finally, have a character remove the turnips by pressing R+A or Z in the air. The PK Fires will be stuck together in a similar manner to the turnips, but the game will not have as much lag.
- If too many items are in the black hole and someone touches it, the game will freeze, and an explosion will appear around the black hole.