Black hole glitch
The black hole glitch is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. Melee that causes several of Peach's Vegetables to become stuck in a small area. If a character touches the concentrated turnips, they will receive massive damage in seconds. The glitch was discovered by Aftermath and Juce in late 2004. There are several ways to perform the glitch. This glitch does not work in Brawl for several reasons, the main reason being the inability to perform the Infinite Super Scope Glitch.
How to perform the glitch
*These stages are not recommended, as the glitch only works when certain platforms are out.
There is another way to do the black hole glitch.
1. First, have the Ice Climbers grab two Super Scopes.
2. Then, do the Infinite Super Scope Glitch (5 sets of 3 shots, followed by 2 fully charged shots, and then get attacked while charging the Super Scope.)
3. Then, have the Ice Climbers shoot their guns. If the bullets come out in pairs (oo oo oo,) have someone attack only one of the Ice Climbers to alter the pattern until it becomes a straight line (o o o o o).
4. Then, have Peach throw 15 or more turnips into the stream of bullets while Ice Climbers keeps shooting.
This is similar to the first alternate method
Any flat, calm stage (no movement unique to the stage) that is longer than the range of the Super Scope
4 Super Scopes
1. Get both Ice Climbers each get 2 super scopes.
2. Then, perform the Infinite Super Scope glitch with all 4 of the Super Scopes.
3. At the edge of the flat stage, let then all shot rapidly. It should appear dense (oooooo) instead of having places where they are focused in some positions. (● ● ● ● ● ● or something like that)
4. Let Peach throw turnips toward the Ice Climbers at the tip of the range, constantly being hit while throwing. Unlike the previous two methods, the turnips stand vertically up in a uniform manner, but it still has the same properties. Throw at least 15 turnips.
5. Finally, let the 2 Ice Climbers stop. Unless the turnips aren't dense enough, they will stay in the same place (on the ground, again unlike the previous two).
After the black hole has been made, various things can be done to modify it. When Party Balls are thrown into the black hole, they will get stuck. Anybody who touches the Party Ball will take a large amount of damage.
Certain Pokémon will interact with the black hole.
If a character attacks the turnips without getting hit, they may get frozen in place doing that move. Some examples include Samus's forward aerial, Mario's Up-B, and Sheik's chain. Also, if Mr. Game & Watch's Judgement is used into the black hole while another player is trapped within it, its attack will get stuck along with the effect that goes with it (flames, electricity, etc). If players touches the character's attack, they will be hit by the move. If a character is "frozen" during an animation where he/she is invincible, such as Fox/Falco's reflector or Donkey Kong's up special move, that character will not be able to become "unfrozen" unless the black hole is dissipated.
To make the Supernova, have one Fox or Falco die. While they are invincible, make them go into the black hole and use their reflector. They should now be stuck and invincible. Next, have Ness fire 15 PK Fires into the black hole. Finally, have a character remove the turnips by pressing R+A or Z in the air. The PK Fires will be stuck together in a similar manner to the turnips, but the game will not have as much lag.