Green Shell glitch
The Green Shell glitch is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. where a player uses Mario, Samus or Luigi's third jump, or a Mario Tornado on an unmoving opponent lying on a pile of Green Shells. This effectively gives the opponent 999% damage and in the case of Mario's up special, instantly KOs the enemy.
 How to perform the glitch
- Mario, Luigi, or Samus controlled by a human.
- Any character as the CPU.
- The maximum number of Green Shells that can be spawned.
- Any stage.
 Performing the glitch
Start by getting close to the opponent while they are set on Stand. While the player is in front of the opponent, bring up the menu and spawn as many Green Shells as possible. Make sure they are very near to the opponent. Once they are spawned, use Mario's, Luigi's, or Samus' up special or Mario Tornado and the game will have appeared to be frozen, but the sound of the game and from the attack progresses and the small circles still move away from the player and their opponent. The damage will pile up to 999% and the Combo as well for time being the Green Shells are present. After a few minutes, the Shells will start to disappear one by one. Once the last Shell is gone, the executed move will finish from the first frame of the attack onto the last frame. The aftermath of the attack onto the opponent with maximum damage will depend on the attack used on the opponent.
- If the speed is set to 2/3 while doing the Mario Tornado version of the glitch, the effect will last for a longer period of time.
- The glitch can be performed with Red Shells with slightly different and more unpredictable results (such as instantly dealing around 800% damage and knocking both characters away).