Most of Lucario's attacks have the aura effect. By itself, aura has no effect other than producing blue flames; when used by Lucario, however, the damage of the attack is altered based on Lucario's current damage and placing in the match.
The formula of the value used to strength or weaken aura attacks is as follows:
...where r is the ratio of the damage dealt (for example, if r is 80, the attack is at 80% strength) and d is Lucario's current damage.
 List of aura attacks by characters
- Kirby - can copy Aura Sphere
- Kirby does not copy the aura mechanic; his Aura Sphere will remain at base power regardless of his damage.
- Lucario - all attacks except dash attack, back throw, down throw, and floor attacks
- It is a common misconception that aura attacks reach maximum power at 182%, not the actual 170%. This is due to Event 25: The Aura Is With Me placing Lucario at 182% to start the match, implying that 182% is the maximum.
- Another (less common) misconception is that each of Lucario's attacks has an individual aura cap. This is due to the game not displaying or otherwise acknowledging the presence of decimal figures, so an attack dealing a maximum of 9.8 damage can be believed to be the same as one with a maximum of 9.0 at a lower percentage.