SmashWiki:SmashWiki YouTube channel
SmashWiki has its own SmashWiki YouTube channel. For the kind of content that will be shown on the channel:
- Cutscenes from the Subspace Emissary
- Demonstrations of characters' special moves, or even their entire movesets
- Demonstrations of other kinds of ingame content
- Videos of glitches, AI flaws, and so on
- Demonstrations/tutorials for combos and techniques
If you have a video idea not covered in the above, and/or you're unsure about a certain type of video, bring it up on the talk page.
Administrators have login access to the account, but any user can submit videos to be uploaded, by emailing the videos to SmashWiki's email account at email@example.com
 Requirements for submitted videos
Submitted videos must be of the aforementioned (or approved) content, and of adequate quality. Adequate quality includes:
- The video visual quality being clear and of decent visibility (e.g. no camcorder nor heavily pixelated videos).
- If recorded from an emulator, nothing from outside the game should be visible (e.g. no mouse pointers, visible desktop, nor watermarks).
- The game audio should be clear and of proper volume (e.g. no distorted nor overly quiet/loud sound in videos). Additionally, no audio from outside the game should be heard (e.g. audible clicking of a controller's buttons/keyboard).
- The game's framerate should be of proper speed.
- The video should properly and fully demonstrate the subject of the video.
Additionally, it is strongly recommend you do videos of stuff not already extensively covered in other quality videos (such as, don't do videos on wavedashing and DACUS when the Smash community has several quality video guides on them). A video of such a subject, even if well done, may be rejected if it offers nothing more than existing videos. If you want to contribute, but need ideas for videos, checking the articles in need of videos category is a good start. These pages can give you suggestions for videos to create.
 What you will receive as a contributor
Those that contribute will have their Youtube channel featured in the "Contributors" tab on SmashWiki's channel, as well as have their video credited with their channel linked to in the description of their contributed videos. Additionally, those that contribute can opt in for their contributed video to be monetised and then receive their earnings (if their video is eligible for monetisation). The following three options are available to contributors in regard to monetisation of their videos:
- Monetise my videos, and give me their earnings.
- Monetise my videos, and give my earnings to Porplemontage to cover SmashWiki's hosting costs.
- Do not monetise my videos.
If you wish to monetise and receive your earnings, you will need a PayPal account to have your earnings transferred. If you don't have a PayPal, and can't create one for whatever reason, you can opt in to have a check mailed to you instead. However, for a check to be mailed, your earnings will have to be of a certain minimum amount. If you have earnings, but they don't reach this amount, they will be held until they grow enough to satisfy this requirement.
SmashWiki admin Omega Tyrant handles the channel's monetisation. If you have any questions about this, contact him.
 Update log
|General||About this wiki · Administrator's noticeboard · All pages · All pages with prefix · All special pages · Community portal · IRC · Proposals · Sandbox · Statistics · Web chat · YouTube channel|
|User||Active users · List of rights · List of users · Reset password · Users|