- Tyrant: Admin who blocks the most users. -SmashPeter's definition of a Tyrant
- OT's Pro Tip: Don't neglect training against cpus. Sure they'll never match a human player, and you'll pretty much develop no cerebral skills from playing them. But when it comes to practising tech skill related stuff, they can be even better than human players to train against. Remember, cpus never say no.
|Brawl mains||Wolf, King Dedede|
| Other Brawl
|Melee mains||Ganondorf, Captain Falcon|
| Other Melee
|Skill|| Semi-Professional/Professional (Brawl and its mods)|
|Real name||Michael Oliver|
|Birth date||July 21, 1991|
I am a dedicated smasher from Schenectady, New York who has been playing Super Smash Bros. since I received Melee as a Christmas present about six years ago. It took a couple of years before I really got into it. But once I did, Melee was the game I played the most on the GCN, by far (more then 50% of my playtime on the GCN was on Melee). I was just one of the millions who anticipated Brawl's release. I preordered it and bought it the day it came out, despite not owning a Wii yet. I would have to wait 2 months before I could obtain a Wii and play Brawl. Like many others who played Melee dedicatedly, I noticed the physics differences immediately. Initially, I didn't like the physics changes and the loss of L-cancelling, but I would adapt to Brawl very quickly, and being preferring it over Melee. I am very knowledgeable on both games (moreso on Brawl) as I have tested various aspects of the game such as how early every character's smash attacks KO, every character's endurance, and even how well every character can momentum cancel. I discovered various things not mentioned on this wiki such as Fox's dair in Melee was actually a spike and not a meteor smash, albeit a very weak one, and the workings of priority. My other gaming passion is the Pokémon series which are the only other games I had played as much as Super Smash Bros. I have spent over 2000 hours combined on my Brawl and Diamond files. For my smasherbeta image, I have a picture of my favorite pokémon, Tyranitar, that was drawn for me by someone who was dear to me.
I do play Brawl competitively, comaining Wolf and King Dedede. I've believed I reached a professional level (albeit among the lower levels of it), and I'm good enough to consistently win money at locals in my region, as well as get ranked 5th in my region. I have yet to get much success when I travel out of region, though even with the much stronger competition, I have yet to attend a tournament where I failed to win at least one set.
If you ever wondered what the professional level is like in Brawl, you can challenge me to wifi, and I'll pretty much always play you, if I'm not too busy with other things.
 About me
 Youtube channel
I have become heavily involved on Youtube, managing a Youtube account where I upload near daily. To learn more about it and to see some videos of mine I would recommend watching, go here.
 1P mode feats
I have spent countless hours on Melee and Brawl 1P modes and have accomplished many feats.
- In Melee, I cleared Classic and Crazy Hand on Normal with every character without continuing.
- In Melee, I cleared Adventure and Giga Bowser on Normal with every character w/o continuing.
- In Melee, I cleared Classic on Very Hard and Crazy Hand with Ganondorf w/o continuing.
- In Melee, I cleared Adventure on Very Hard with Ganondorf w/o continuing (I didn't beat it fast enough to fight Giga Bowser, however).
- In Melee, I made it to the G&Ws in All Star on Very Hard with Ganondorf w/o continuing (they ended up killing me but I still managed to clear it).
- In Melee, I survived 15 Minute-Melee with every character.
- In Melee, I cleared Event 51 with every character and beaten it w/o stock loss with 17 characters (Dr.Mario, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, C.Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco, Fox, Ness, Kirby, Samus, Link, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth, and Roy).
- In Melee using Ganondorf, I cleared Event 50 in 30 seconds and cleared Event 51 in 1m 04 sec.
- In Melee, I collected every trophy except Olimar's (I never owned or knew someone who owned Pikmin).
- In Brawl, I cleared Classic on Hard and defeated Crazy Hand with every character w/o continuing.
- In Brawl, I cleared Classic on Intense and defeated Crazy Hand with Fox and King Dedede w/o continuing (I did this despite Fox being a secondary character).
- In Brawl, I cleared Classic on Intense w/o continuing with 17 characters (Bowser, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Lucario, Marth, Ike, Mr. Game & Watch, and Snake).
- In Brawl, I cleared Classic on Intense with one stock w/o continuing with King Dedede. I also managed to defeat Crazy Hand with Master Hand in this run.
- In Brawl, I cleared All Star on Hard with every character w/o continuing.
- In Brawl, I cleared All Star on Intense w/o continuing with King Dedede and Snake.
- In Brawl, I cleared the Subspace Emissary with 100% on Intense, both from starting from the beginning and from replaying all the levels on Intense (the main difference is that you can pick any character you unlock on the replay-throughs, but you don't get your stocks and damage restored after cut scenes).
- In Brawl, I cleared Boss Battles on Intense with every character, including once as Nolimar. I also cleared it on Intense w/o using any heart containers. I have accomplished that feat thus far with Marth, Fox, Wolf, Lucario, Captain Falcon, and Nolimar (this can be seen on this video.
- In Brawl, I cleared Boss Battles on Intense while taking no damage at all with Marth (can be seen here).
- In Cruel Brawl, I obtained at least 1 KO with every character, and obtained 46 KOs with Meta Knight.
- In Brawl, I have collected every CD, trophy, and sticker. Note that I do not considered this to be that impressive and I'm simply listing it because other users have (the same applies for collecting the Melee trophies).
 Character popularity
Recently I got in an argument on IRC about the popularity of the ICs. So I decided to do a quick test to gauge general popularity by seeing how much fanart results each Brawl character turns up in deviantArt's search. Now how can this gauge popularity? Generally, people only draw fanart of what they like (or draw what someone else likes as a gift/commission). And dArt is the largest art site out there, notorious for being infested with video game fandom and people of all art skill levels. It has a pretty good search function, and unlike google, will turn up mostly only relevant results (so nearly every result of your search is fanart related to it).
Note: I know this is not the most definitive way to judge popularity and am not treating it as such, it's just to give a general quantifiable idea of how popular each character is.
- A * means the character's name overlaps with their series name, inflating results.
- Misc section is used to show the results of an alternative search, in the case of names with overlap issues.
- Peach was searched as "Princess Peach" since just Peach brought up a ton of irrelevant results.
- Link searched as "Zelda Link" since like Peach, Link alone brings up a ton of irrelevant results.
- Zelda searched as "Princess Zelda" since "Zelda" overlaps with the series name and creates a lot of other overlap with irrelevant things.
- Pit searched as "Smash Pit" since like Peach, Pit alone brings up a ton of irrelevant results (and "Kid Icarus Pit" gets less results).
- R.O.B. searched as "Nintendo R.O.B.", due to dart search not recognising periods, making "R.O.B." create a huge overlap with anything named "Rob".
- King Dedede searched as just "Dedede", since a lot of people neglect to call him his entire name, and "Dedede" doesn't create additional overlap.
- Fox searched as "Star Fox", due to the obvious issues searching just "Fox" would cause.
- Wolf searched as "Star Wolf", due to the obvious issues searching just "Wolf" would cause.
- Pokemon Trainer searched as "Brawl Pokemon Trainer", due to his name being the term used to refer to all trainers in the Pokemon series, creating a massive overlap and resulting in a ton of irrelevant results.
- Roy searched as "Fire Emblem Roy", due to the existence of major characters in other series named Roy, creating a huge overlap with other Roys.
- Ness searched as "Earthbound Ness", due to "Ness" creating a huge overlap with irrelevant results.
- Lucas searched as "Mother Lucas", since like Roy, there exists major characters in other series named "Lucas".
- Snake searched as "Solid Snake", due to the obvious issues searching just "Snake" would cause.
- Sonic searched by full name, to get less series overlap.
Some characters with higher results were put below others, after consideration for inflation/cut out relevant results.
Results current as of July 21, 2013
|Mario||517576*||167491 (searched as "Super Mario")|
|Sonic the Hedgehog||479043*|
|Luigi||147609||85200 (searched as "Luigi Mario")|
|Zelda||95837||580208* (searched as just "Zelda")|
|Fox||46637*||12532 (search as "Fox McCloud")|
|Ness||12925||229042 (searched as "Ness")|
|Lucas||12459||160600 (searched as "Lucas")|
|Zero Suit Samus||10645|
|Mr. Game & Watch||5213||123194 (searched as "Game & Watch")|
|R.O.B.||1943||118206 (searched as "R.O.B")|
For some additional notes:
- It's difficult to accurately search R.O.B., due to the period issue, how common of a name "Rob" is, and the fact R.O.B. has no real series he hails from. R.O.B would probably score better with more relevant results if he could be searched more properly.
- Wolf is a bit difficult to search, due to "Star Wolf" still creating some overlap with normal Wolf drawings, and "Wolf O'Donnell" hardly being used, resulting in that name cutting out a ton of Wolf's relevant results.
- Issue also applies to Fox, though not as severely.
- Pit's actual results are probably higher than is what listed, as a lot of relevant results do get cut by the names that cut out the irrelevant results.
- Similarly, Ness' and Lucas' results are probably higher than what's listed.
- Interestingly, Lucario scored higher than every character that wasn't a flagship character or Luigi/Yoshi, and just missed the 100K mark, while also having a name that has one of the smallest overlap issues (there's pretty much no overlap with his name and thus little inflation with it). He also trounced the other pokemon that weren't Pikachu (beating Charizard by more than 50%, and beating Mewtwo by more than twice as much). So if you think Lucario will get removed/"replaced", look at this to get an idea of how popular of a pokemon he is.
- For some reason, cutting the "Mr." out of "Mr. Game & Watch" drastically increases the amount of results. As expected though, this just adds in a ton of irrelevant results. G&W has a similar issue to R.O.B. though, where his complicated name and lack of a series makes it difficult to search for him. As such, his results in actuality are probably better than what's listed.
- The only characters Ice Climbers got more results than are characters whose name create search issues.
- Even with "Zelda Link", Link's results are still inflated, as it brings results of the other Links. No doubt though his true result is still well over 100K.
- Kirby's results are certainly inflated, though there's no other name that could be used to cut down on the inflation without cutting too much relevant results.
- Ike's results are considered with just "Ike", despite an overlap issue. Reason is, Ike is not a common name, and the only other significant fictional Ike, the one from South Part, is a fraction of the results, while Ike has the vast majority. Additionally, "Fire Emblem Ike" significantly cuts out Ike's relevant results (adding "Fire Emblem" to Ike and Marth scores 11077 and 10525 respectively).
 Competency Chart
This is a chart showing my competency with every character in Brawl. I once tested every character in Brawl to see who was truly my best. However, the testing was against computer players, and took place in the summer of 09. As such, the results were very outdated, and I now judge my competency chart by my analysis of my characters' performance against capable human competition. When deciding a character's position, I analyze their performance against human players, how comfortable and fluid I feel playing the character, my knowledge of the character beyond statistics, and most importantly, how often I win with them. I included a number of my overall judgment of my competence with the character, as a means to show the difference between characters. King Dedede, being my best, is given 15.00, which every other character is judged upon in comparison.
I also have a competency chart done for Brawl Minus. However, I do not have much to analyze in it, so it is largely estimation and feeling based. As such, it likely contains inaccuracies. I also omitted numerical ratings due to the lack of data to analyze.
|vBrawl Competency Tiers|
 Tournament history
You can see my offline tournament history here.
 Wiki brawlers matchups chart and ratings
You can see each user's matchups against each other as well as each user's play rating here.
 Major Contributions
You can find my major contributions to this Wiki here.
 Player matchups
You can see how well I do against specific players here
 Changes for 1P mode
Suggestions I would make for changes in the 1P mode of Smash can be read here.
 Suggestions for SSB4
General suggestions I would make for SSB4 can be read here.
 Clone charts
A page containing charts comparing the characters accused of cloneship. It can be read here.
 Competitive Q and A
Got any questions for me? Ask me here.
Other games I played and what I think of them can be seen here.
 SmashWiki Pokedex
See the Pokedex entries of SmashWiki users here.
 Future Projects
These shall be done eventually when I get around to it.
- Revising all subspace enemy articles.
- Updating the Brawl Minus article.
- Rewrite the Dedede SSBB article to not be such a mess.
- Revise every character article to some degree (Melee and Brawl).
- Try to help revive the smasher namespace. Its coverage of Brawl competitive play is very subpar.
- Finding post calculation knockback values for every hitbox of every attack in Brawl, to then objectively measure the power of each character.
These are other sites on the internet where I'm active.
- Youtube - My youtube channel, where I will have videos of Smash (primarily Smash AI exploitation and 1P mode videos), as well as occasionally videos of other games.
- DK Wiki - The other Wiki I'm part of, where I'm an admin also (currently inactive)
- All is Brawl - Profile on AiB
- Smashboards - Profile on SWF
- Brawl vault - My profile on Brawl Vault, as well as my music hacks.