Charizard (SSB4)/Neutral aerial
Somersaults to strike with its tail. Like forward tilt, its sweetspot is at the tip of Charizard's tail and has a flame effect. It has the second lowest amount of start-up lag out of Charizard's aerials, can auto-cancel with a short hop, and is tied with up aerial for having the lowest amount of landing lag out of Charizard's aerials. All of these traits make it a useful approach option. However, its average knockback growth makes it Charizard's most ineffective aerial in regard to KOing, as its sweetspot does not KO middleweights until 156% while near the left/right blast lines.
- Startup lag/duration (frames 8-28 → 9-25).
- Hitbox sizes (4u/4u/4u/4u/4u → 3.5u/3u/1.5u/3.5u).
- However, these altered hitboxes give neutral aerial much more consistent range, with the sweetspot becoming drastically easier to land in particular.
- Damage (10% → 12%). Its knockback scaling was mostly compensated (90 → 78).
- Landing lag (22 frames → 20).