- "Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face."
!egap resu ym to emocleW
I joined the community in October of 2009, shortly after my purchase of Brawl. It seems like so long ago. I've played Smash 64 and Melee prior to it, however Brawl was the first game that I actually owned. I got the other two later on. I've used my knowledge to contribute to the site, and I became familiar with the community over time, particularly over the useful the irc channel for Wifi matches, conversations, or engage in Toom's IRC mafia game. Anyway, over the course of my membership, I've acquired Rollback before and after the big move, added movesets for Melee characters, expanded plenty of articles in general, and lots of tidying. Will I ever step up and apply for admin? Perhaps someday.
My notable subpages are as follows;
 Smash 4 Thoughts
- "MEGA MAN MEGA MAN!" -- Arin Hanson
- Not all of the original 8 made it into the trailer :/
- The Villager is so out of the blue. I mean, I honestly thought those proposed movesets for him would really go nowhere. But, yeah, he's a thing now.
- Boozah looks cool, appearance and attack wise.
- I think they gave Link a recovery?
- Yay Toon Link! I'm sure he'll be much better than Adult Link, per usual.
- Samus' official artwork seems heavily inspired by the guy on Assassin Creed's cover.
- On 3DS, EVERYONE gets cel shading, which can be adjusted. That's pretty cool.
- Wii Fit trainer seems to be the "Obligatory character no one wanted" for the game and I think she's awesome.
- I think Wily's stage will be a quick favorite.
- I like the modified AC stage, instead of one platform moving, it's two.
- The boxing arena seems to be very inspired from Kirby.
- The Skyward Sword level seems inspired by Delfino.
- The Spirit Tracks level seems like it will be a quick "Remove from random stages" kind of stage.
- Gerudo will be one of those "Awesome music but OK stage" kind of levels.
- Of course, Nintendogs gets a stage.
- Well, the Pilotwings stage sure doesn't look like Wii Sports. I mean, why exactly did that crossover happen? Anyway, yeah, combat based on one or two planes? Not buying it.
- The jungle stage seems likely to be Donkey Kong Country Returns based. Sad the sunset level didn't cut it.
- A title would be nice.
- Please, differentiate the returning characters from Brawl. Bowser seems excellent, Mario seems like a copy and paste. Game devs today get grilled for recycling content, but even putting that aside, some new moves would be awesome.
- A demo. In particular, one that could show off the local and wifi multiplayer. I'm excited to see that the Wii U has wifi, a huge step up from the lack of an online mode from Brawl.
- Dixie Kong. I mean, if the Wii Fit girl and Villager both got in, why not a character who is returning for DKCR 2 and is in an ACTION BASED GAME?!
- On a similar note, a new DK stage inspired by DKCR2. Sunset level?
- Don't overpower newcomers just to promote people to use them. I'm looking at you, Mega Man.
- For 3DS: DISABLE-ABLE 3-D! Monster Hunter 3U and Street Fighter IV for 3DS did this, where, basically you could go to the options and make it so the game cannot have any 3D whatsoever regardless of what the 3ds' 3d setting is. What you get in return is a much smoother game; the 3DS only has to render one thing at a time as opposed to two at once, for better framerates - In SF4's case, 30FPS-->60FPS. I expect this to be crucial for multiplayer in particular.
- For 3DS: XL Support! For me, I've noticed that Monster Hunter 3U on 3DS pixelates the game a bit -- normally it's not an issue but when the text comes up on screen there's noticeable blur which makes it hard to read. Not cool. Keep both models in mind, big screen difference.
- For 3DS: Online multiplayer. The 3DS can handle 7 other MK7 players, so why not 3 other Smash players?
- For Wii U: Online multiplayer. The Wii U can handle... well... how much better than Wii? Most Wii U online multiplayer games seem to be 2 player based, and I would love to see how much better or worse the Wii U handles a frantic 4 player HD online multiplayer game. If there's an online tournament mode I'd be impressed.
We play Brawl sometimes I think.
| Primary Platoon
| Secondary Songbirds
| Tertiary Tetrimonos
--HavocReaper48 01:13, 28 September 2013 (EDT)