Type vs effect
The fact that this page tries to cover the type and effect on the same page makes it really difficult to understand. The two need to be split, but more than that, it would be really helpful if they had different names. The name of the effect isn't official (the type's name is), so there's no reason we can't just come up with our own name for it. I would suggest "Magical", which is distinct but still very similar. --SnorlaxMonster 08:55, April 14, 2019 (EDT)
- I don't think we know for sure yet whether spirits work on the type or the effect (I've heard conflicting evidence). If it turns out they work on the effect (contrary to Brawl stickers), then apparently "magic" is indeed the official name for both the type and the effect, and it would be prudent to use it. So we'll have to keep things named as-is for now.
- I do support the split idea into "Magic (type)" and "Magic (effect)". We'd then probably do similar for Water. Toomai Glittershine The Dispenser 09:41, April 14, 2019 (EDT)
- Based on this edit by Blue Sun (and various other entries already on the page), as well as the fact that in-game it mentions that it boosts Robin's spells (none of which use the magic effect), we know that they boost the type and not the effect, which is why this split is important.
- I also support splitting water, for the same reasons (although in that case we don't really have a choice when it comes to the naming). --SnorlaxMonster 10:18, April 14, 2019 (EDT)
- Alright that edit makes sense given that in previous games Din's Fire is not Magic/Flame but rather Explosion/Flame (don't have access to SSBU details yet but it's consistent). Don't personally think the rename is necessary if we're doing a split but I could see it. Toomai Glittershine The Honcho 10:24, April 14, 2019 (EDT)