Smasher talk:Rat (Ultimate)
Why this Smasher page doesn't fit notability guidelines:
- The player hasn't had any notable offline regional placements. The majority of rat's results are from locals, and even then for the most part it isn't great.
- rat is not PR'd anywhere, which means the player doesn't have any notability even in his/her region.
- No, not every player who has an online MkLeo win gets a page. The online metagame is different than the offline metagame thanks to input lag and connection issues. Top players have gotten upset many times by relatively unknown players, for example White Nova over Samsora, 89731856894 over BestNess, and Loi over Cosmos. If we were to make pages for all the unknown players with online top player wins, might as well throw the notability guidelines out.
From the looks of it, this page was made only because of the MkLeo win and being featured in a ZeRo video/tournament, and there is nothing that fits our notability guidelines. CookiesCreme 08:56, May 7, 2020 (EDT)
- Support and bump 188.8.131.52 06:20, May 21, 2020 (EDT)
Support since I myself couldn’t find any notable results aside from online. Some players might be stronger than online, but it doesn’t matter if smashers like him can’t stand up offline. MemeDedede (talk) 09:13, May 7, 2020 (EDT)MemeDedede
- Unless he suddenly gets ranked on the WWR. I don't think the page should stay anymore. If he ever meets the criteria (getting decent regional results) in the future, we can always remake the page. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 09:01, June 16, 2020 (EDT)
I mean, there are some other Smashers who haven't really done anything and still have pages. I don't think we should drop it solely because he hasn't done any offline, it's not like anyone can right now. And online tournaments, despite being some absolute wack stuff, still by all means technically count into your profile. Maybe wait a bit. Certainlyfour (talk) 21:32, June 17, 2020 (EDT)
- Those that haven't done any usually are PR'd regionally. If there aren't any, then they get tagged for deletion and removed. Also, even for Wi-Fi standards, it's not great. CookiesCreme 22:33, June 17, 2020 (EDT)
Support: None of the placements are notable at all. If the reason for page creation was simply cause he won against MkLeo, then this page shouldn't have been made in the first place. Señor Mexicano (talk) 01:08, July 15, 2020 (EDT)
- Support, after looking at his Smashdata profile again, I can tell that his online placement are pretty much horrible and some placements are mediocre at best. Furthermore, his offline placings are also pretty mediocre, with 1 being an arcadian tournament and the rest are pretty much all weeklies. We shouldn't create a non-notable player just because he beat MkLeo in an online tournament while the online criteria being a lot different than the offline scenes. NPM Morr!? 01:21, July 15, 2020 (EDT)
Support and bump, he's not even a top 200 player online, let alone someone who meets the wiki's notability criteria. An MkLeo win on wifi does not a notable player make. Stuart98 (talk) 01:05, July 29, 2020 (EDT)