Not sure if page should stay
Most of these results consist of mostly locals, and Hong Kong is a weaker region in comparison to United States, Japan, France... What really constitutes a page here? Sure you can see placements but I’m not sure if NPM or even any of the Hong Kong smashers should deserve these pages (exception being maybe the absolute best player in Hong Kong, or the one who found the smash scene there). MemeDedede (talk) 11:07, November 10, 2019 (EST)
- Regionals are notable, and even though they're somewhat small they still have top players from the region in attendance. The fact that NPM could get 25th with that competition is passable imo. Plus, 23rd on the ranking isn't bad, either, and if someone's PR'd it's considered notable enough. CookiesCreme 11:15, November 10, 2019 (EST)
- I don't know if I even have a say at all in this, but I think the page should stay. NPM is still a good player with good results, regardless of attendance. Plus, 23rd on the PR with wins on higher ranked PR players is also very good. Alhecks11 (talk) 14:06, November 27, 2019 (EST)
- Oppose as per Cookies and Creme's points. There are valid results and wins over notable players, as well as the fact he is PR'd.
agreement with deletion
player in question is NOT ranked anywhere near 23rd on the local PR he is ranked dead last. npm made his own page and the statistics on said page are completely false. 184.108.40.206 10:10, December 27, 2019 (EST)
- Well, there are actually problems with Braacket, I asked the TO why I am even ranked lower than MrWolf(a friend of mine who went to one tourney and placed 33th/42). The TO said I don't know.
- However, from my understandings, many inactive/absent players got reseted to 1500 points. I truly believe that I should be at least ranked higher than the ones that went to only one tourney. I am only being that low due to Braacket's complex system. I did try to ask the TO to make a separate all-time PR. But he doesn't seems too willing to. I don't know what to do. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 10:24, December 27, 2019 (EST)
- i also happen to understand that you consistently place either last or second-to-last at every local based on the tournament brackets online so i don't think it's just a thing with the website's system, bud 220.127.116.11 11:27, December 27, 2019 (EST)
Clearly a vanity page. Delete kenniky 01:08, December 31, 2019 (EST)
I agree. Just because you have wins over higher PR'ed players doesn't necessarily mean that they're very strong. Constantly going 0-2/1-2 in 40-man tournaments just makes it worse. Would I make a page about myself because I have beaten co-workers who are better than me at Smash? No, they're not notable wins. There are also numerous external links about this Smasher, which seems to point on supporting one's ego. MemeDedede (talk) 20:33, January 3, 2020 (EST)MemeDedede
- Also, external links have nothing to do with the notability of Smasher pages. While I agree that the players I have beaten may not necessarily be that strong, they all have higher peaks than I ever have (such as Oreishi and NaCIO getting 9/32 and 7/32 respectively). My two best is only going 2-2 in bracket, definitely need to consistently get higher than that. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 02:40, January 5, 2020 (EST)
On Discord I asked you whether Braacket was the official PR for your region, in which you said it wasn't. If that's the case, that invalidates my strongest argument, so I don't believe this should stay anymore. CookiesCreme 20:37, January 3, 2020 (EST)
- Yeah I get it. Delete this then. Just not sure whether I should create some of the other HK players' pages. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 02:15, January 5, 2020 (EST)
User also Smasher?!
- Hold the phone! User NaughtyPigMario is also a notable smasher?? Son Daniel (talk) 13:59, April 7, 2020 (EDT)
- idk I plan on disappearing for a long time a month ago already so mind as well put down retired for now. Also, didnt HKSBC PR starts to have iterations when they started uploading the PR vids, I update the PR by iterations (season) and they consider it a season when a new vid is uploaded. Also the last PR with video has a whole bunch of blanks or I mean players hidden from the Braccket ranking due to inactivity. I really have no choice but to adjust the numbers otherwise it would not look write at all. (FYI, others editors have adviced me to convince the TO to make an official PR due to the wackiness of Braccket. But there really isn't a whole lot I can do...) NPM Morr!? 22:57, November 7, 2020 (EST)
- Where are you pulling the numbers from really? According to the braacket, you were 38/38, 30/48, 44/57 (ongoing) in the three seasons. Whatever adjustments you made doesn’t reflect your ranking. In braacket you start at 1500 ELO, so rankings under that is not accurate or noteworthy IMO.Bomboozler (talk) 23:19, November 7, 2020 (EST)
- I have those numbers right when the PR vids come out so it was to make it fair. Otherwise I don't really know what to do. There were all these hidden players and gaps between numbers so idk. And I guess they have changed it at some point and probably changed some of the requirements too but you know I can't really be changing the rankings page so often that whenever something is different on the Braccket right? Also I am not gonna update the ranking until a new PR vids come out, to make it more fair and official. Similar for the Taiwan PR, I was suggested to update it like around every 3 months or so. But thats different because they only have the Braccket and pretty much no other sources. NPM Morr!? 23:34, November 7, 2020 (EST)
- Wait I just read ELO and I didn't even know what that is and have to google it. Tbh I don't really know what to do. How am I suppose to make it completely perfect when Braccket PR exists, luckily at least there are PR videos otherwise it will be way worse. (Also for Taiwan at least their scene is much bigger so they are much more accurate and I just simply put down Top 30 for them due to how huge their Bracckets are) NPM Morr!? 23:42, November 7, 2020 (EST)