Anyone on SmashWiki may create a smasher page about themselves, a page which contains information about the players of the Super Smash Bros. series. Information about how to create a smasher page is detailed below.
- Please bear in mind your smasher page is not a forum; it is only there to document the smasher.
- Make sure the pages are written in third person; first person and second person should not be used.
- Smasher pages typically include Template:Infobox Smasher as a way to include information about a smasher.
All of the information listed below must be included, lest the page become a candidate for deletion.
- All smasher pages must have [[Template:Smasher page]] included at the top of the page.
- If applicable, a link to the smasher's userpage.
Explicitly allowed content
Smasher pages do not have to but may include the following:
- Brief history of Smash experiences
- Notable achiements
- Contact information
Content of smasher pages should generally be focused on the Super Smash Bros. series, but if you choose to stray outside this general umbrella, be considerate of the diverse range of users on SmashWiki.
These are absolutely not permitted under any circumstances:
- Libel or defamation
- Material patently offensive to others
- Material in breach of the wiki's policies and practices
- Any copyright violations, including (but not limited to) copyrighted text or image
Use common sense and keep general etiquette in mind when creating/editing a smasher page:
- Do not include any material generally deemed offensive or insulting; the no personal attacks policy applies here.
Smasher pages should generally avoid interfering with the Main: namespace.
- Do not include your smasher page in categories intended to be used for mainspace articles.
- Avoid using links to nonexistant articles, as that lowers the utility of Special:Wantedpages.
- Avoid creating a redirect to your smasher page in the main namespace.
Restrictions on images
- The only profile pictures permitted in the smasher template are pictures of the player in real-life.
- Avoid uploading large images, particularly ones over 150kB in size.
- Be sure to properly license your image when uploading.
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in the deletion of your image.