|Article on Lylat Wiki||Smart Bomb|
The Smart Bomb (Japanese: スマートボム, Sumāto Bomu) is an item in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is one of the most powerful thrown items in the game. Once it hits an opponent, travels a certain distance, or gets attacked, it produces a large, slow explosion that envelops a big range and damages everyone inside in increments of 1% for about three seconds with a total damage of about 30%. Characters caught in the blast can shift their position using smash DI, but usually cannot escape until the explosion ends and flings them away. (Escape is possible with smash DI as seen here at 0:16.) The bomb does a great deal of damage but generally does not KO.
There is a small chance that a Smart Bomb will turn out to not explode; instead of going off it makes a distinctive echoing noise and travels through its target, causing flinching but no knockback. A dud Smart Bomb will still explode when attacked and may explode at a random time, even when picked up again.
A bomb that explodes and causes damage to all characters within its range when thrown or attacked. The explosion from this device is so large, the deployer may be caught in the blast if he or she is not careful. In Star Fox, this item will explode after a set time or can be set off immediately with a button press.
The Smart Bomb comes from the Star Fox series. It was originally named the Nova Bomb. In Star Fox 64, it could either be locked on to opponents or triggered to explode after launch by pressing the button a second time. It also would explode on impact, or after it traveled a certain distance. It did not hurt Fox or his wingmen.
- If there are lots of enemies in an area and multiple Smart Bombs go off at once, the game may lag.
- If one detonates a Smart Bomb on one of Snake's mines (down smash) the mine will explode rapidly until the Smart Bomb ends.
- In training mode, if five Smart Bombs (the most it's possible to have out at any one time) are placed near an opponent and detonated all at once, as well as dealing up to around 160% damage to the opponent, it is possible to get a sixty-hit combo, and, if the player keeps spawning them over and over, it is possible to reach a nine-hundred and ninety-nine-hit combo.
- The Smart Bomb hits more than 30 times, but does not usually deal more than 30% of damage. This happens because some of the hits cause no damage, but do cause a small amount of knockback.
- The Ultimate Chimera will ignore anybody caught in the Smart Bomb's explosion.
Items in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Normal||Assist Trophy · Banana Peel · Beam Sword · Blast Box · Bob-omb · Bumper · Bunny Hood · Cracker Launcher · Deku Nut · Dragoon · Fan · Fire Flower · Food · Franklin Badge · Freezie · Golden Hammer · Gooey Bomb · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Hothead · Lightning Bolt · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Pitfall · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Screw Attack · Smart Bomb · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Soccer Ball · Spring · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Superspicy Curry · Team Healer · Timer · Unira · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crates|
|Key · Stock Ball · Trophy Stand|
|Collectibles||CD · Coins · Sticker · Trophy|
|Other||Smash Coins and Bills|
Star Fox universe
|Characters||Fox McCloud (SSB · SSBM · SSBB) · Falco Lombardi (SSBM · SSBB) · Wolf O'Donnell (SSBB)|
|Side characters||Assist trophies: Andross|
|Stages||SSB: Sector Z|
SSBM: Corneria · Venom
SSBB: Lylat Cruise · Melee Stages: Corneria
|Items||SSBB: Smart Bomb|
|Trophies & Stickers||Trophies in Melee · Trophies in Brawl · Stickers in Brawl|
|Music||Music in Brawl|