Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome, editors and users, to the Smash Arena! Each week this forum hosts a tussle between two characters, items, stages or anything else from the Super Smash Bros. series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll but functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or who you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that round. No, you don't have to vote for the character with strength & power, or the stage considered more "fair", or the combatant with the most fans - just vote if you are a total fanboy of the participant. So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you don't have to have an account to vote! Though new requests for fights can no longer be made, voting on already existing requests can be done here.
- When voting, you can give a brief comment on why you voted the way you did, or you can just leave your signature.
- You can only vote once. Any multiple votes will be removed.
- Put a
#before your vote to facilitate the vote counting.
~~~~after your vote to sign it, whether you are logged in or not. Using the wrong number of "~"s counts as not signing - your signature must have both your signature itself and the time.
- There is a line in each section consisting of "DO NOT ADD COMMENTS OR EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE". You are to do so; do not just type your vote at the bottom of the editing window. Not following this rule results in your vote being displayed in the wrong place.
- Put your vote below other votes; that is, so the votes are in chronological order.
- You may change or remove your vote at any time. To do this you must remove your old vote in its entirety; this is an exception to the "never remove comments" rule.
- You may only vote in the current fight; all previous fights are closed.
- Do not leave a space between your comment and the ones above it (and/or below it). Extra spacing results in the list numbers becoming disjointed.
- While previewing an edit of a single section, you will see loose formatting marks (such as a trailing
|}). Do not alter or delete them; they are important to the page's construction and only take effect when the entire round is viewed.
- If there are multiple fights in a single round, try to make all your votes in a single edit.
- Any comments about the fight should be left in the comments section. The following kinds of comments are not allowed:
- Comments relating to how close or one-sided a matchup is.
- Comments about other users' opinions. You can point out that a user may have gotten a fact wrong, but you can't say things along the lines of "That's not a good reason" or "But the other guy is better because X". Users can vote for any reason they want; trying to argue with someone's opinion generally has no positive outcome, in addition to simply inflating the comments section of an already rather long page.
If your vote is not added correctly - specifically, it breaks rules 3, 4, or 5 - you have a short amount of time to fix it (typically between fifteen minutes to an hour). After this time, it may be corrected and moved by any user to the Half-Votes section (adding the unsigned template if necessary), and it will count as half a vote. Attempting to move your vote out of the Half-Votes section may result in it being worth zero at an operator's discretion.
Intentional half-votes undermine the intent of the half-vote system as a way to punish voters for voting incorrectly. It is legal to want a vote to be worth half, but it is very heavily discouraged, and you must state in your vote you want it to be worth half. If you put your vote in the half-votes section without stating reasons why you want it there, it is worth zero and may be deleted by any user. You may replace it later should you do it correctly.
Round 147: Break the Targets vs. Board the Platforms
0 to 0
|The two original bonus rounds that test characters' mobility and accuracy. Is attacking or jumping the more favoured pastime?|
Votes for Break the Targets
Votes for Board the Platforms
11 to 22
|Miniature minions whose main ability is expendability. Which disposable division of various hues will overwhelm the other?|
Votes for Mites
Votes for Pikmin
To view and comment on suggested fights, go here.