Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome, editors and users, to the Smash Arena! Each week this forum hosts a tussle between two characters, items, stages or anything else from the Super Smash Bros. series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll but functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or who you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that round. No, you don't have to vote for the character with strength & power, or the stage considered more "fair", or the combatant with the most fans - just vote if you are a total fanboy of the participant. So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you don't have to have an account to vote! Though new requests for fights can no longer be made, voting on already existing requests can be done here.
- When voting, you can give a brief comment on why you voted the way you did, or you can just leave your signature.
- You can only vote once. Any multiple votes will be removed.
- Put a
# before your vote to facilitate the vote counting.
~~~~ after your vote to sign it, whether you are logged in or not. Using the wrong number of "~"s counts as not signing - your signature must have both your signature itself and the time.
- There is a line in each section consisting of "DO NOT ADD COMMENTS OR EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE". You are to do so; do not just type your vote at the bottom of the editing window. Not following this rule results in your vote being displayed in the wrong place.
- Put your vote below other votes; that is, so the votes are in chronological order.
- You may change or remove your vote at any time. To do this you must remove your old vote in its entirety; this is an exception to the "never remove comments" rule.
- You may only vote in the current fight; all previous fights are closed.
- Do not leave a space between your comment and the ones above it (and/or below it). Extra spacing results in the list numbers becoming disjointed.
- While previewing an edit of a single section, you will see loose formatting marks (such as a trailing
|}). Do not alter or delete them; they are important to the page's construction and only take effect when the entire round is viewed.
- If there are multiple fights in a single round, try to make all your votes in a single edit.
- Any comments about the fight should be left in the comments section. The following kinds of comments are not allowed:
- Comments relating to how close or one-sided a matchup is.
- Comments about other users' opinions. You can point out that a user may have gotten a fact wrong, but you can't say things along the lines of "That's not a good reason" or "But the other guy is better because X". Users can vote for any reason they want; trying to argue with someone's opinion generally has no positive outcome, in addition to simply inflating the comments section of an already rather long page.
If your vote is not added correctly - specifically, it breaks rules 3, 4, or 5 - you have a short amount of time to fix it (typically between fifteen minutes to an hour). After this time, it may be corrected and moved by any user to the Half-Votes section (adding the unsigned template if necessary), and it will count as half a vote. Attempting to move your vote out of the Half-Votes section may result in it being worth zero at an operator's discretion.
Intentional half-votes undermine the intent of the half-vote system as a way to punish voters for voting incorrectly. It is legal to want a vote to be worth half, but it is very heavily discouraged, and you must state in your vote you want it to be worth half. If you put your vote in the half-votes section without stating reasons why you want it there, it is worth zero and may be deleted by any user. You may replace it later should you do it correctly.
0 to 0
|The two original bonus rounds that test characters' mobility and accuracy. Is attacking or jumping the more favoured pastime?
Votes for Break the Targets
- Tries to jump on platform. D'oh I missed! You don't d'oh miss as much here. ShupaRoeh 11:23, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- The targets don't move at a ridiculous speed like the platforms do. Toadat9021doh (talk) 12:01, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- 目標を破る ! Smash Master 12:14, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- Tough choice, but I choose Break the Targets becuase it's lasted. DarkFox01: Smashing in Summer 12:33, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
Votes for Board the Platforms
- I like it when the lights turn bright blue after you land on them :p--Bandit 12:30, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- I want to see this come back in the next game. 126.96.36.199 13:08, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- --Havoc48 >:D!!! 13:11, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
11 to 22
|Miniature minions whose main ability is expendability. Which disposable division of various hues will overwhelm the other?
Votes for Mites
- The Cheese says: I just like them better. The Cheese 11:22, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- More of them. And they're two-dimensional. DarkFox01: Smashing in Summer 11:31, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- How epic. ShupaRoeh 12:29, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- These guys are a LOT harder than they look.188.8.131.52 12:46, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- I hate Olimar.184.108.40.206 13:08, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- Olimar is the worst character besides Jigglypuff.Shanicpower Make it rain! 13:23, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- --Bandit 15:23, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- They have a larger amount of their species than pikmins. The Awesome 13:07, 16 July 2012 (EDT)
- I quote Ai No Uta. 'Once again today we will fight, multiply, and GET EATEN.' Wow. Just wow. They are happy being eaten!? Plus, I absolutely HATE Olimar. Davsto (talk) 12:34, 18 July 2012 (EDT)
- What would you prefer to be, lunch or 2-D? You got PWN'D by Link that guy in the tunic 16:41, 19 July 2012 (EDT)
- Pikmin can't do anything by themselves.DarkVexon (talk) 15:06, 20 July 2012 (EDT)
Votes for Pikmin
- Because Pikmin. --- ReiDemon, Author Extraordinaire, 11:39, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- Dots You can call me Pollyanna 12:19, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- They turn into ghosts when they die. 123JamesHeart 12:46, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- They are cute, fierce, and are always loyal to Olimar. Shanderu 14:05, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- Just to even things out a bit more. 220.127.116.11 14:34, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- THE RAINBOW OF BRAWL: PIKMIN LightningBlue 19:06, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- Not as irritating Krazy4Krash (talk) 21:30, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- They come with a character. Naked Snake 22:36, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- I absolutely love the Pikmin series and have fun playing as Olimar. Mites on the other hand are just plain annoying and basic. 18.104.22.168 23:39, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- Mites exceed in doing pretty much nothing at all. Captain Falcon talk 02:47, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- "引っこ拔かれて， あなただけについて行く 今日も運ぶ， 戰う， 增える， そして食べられる" -Ai No Uta AirConditioner 19px 08:58, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- I have never seen 100 mites on any screen at the same time. I have with pikmin. In Brawl, you need about twenty mites to be significant. You only need 1 pikmin.ScoreCounter (talk) 14:10, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- They're playable. 22.214.171.124 09:40, 16 July 2012 (EDT)
- Olimar is the best character in Brawl besides Meta Knight. Toast ltimatum 12:17, 16 July 2012 (EDT)
- Though I personally disagree with Toast because everyone's good at different characters, Olimar and his Pikmin are pretty high up there.126.96.36.199 15:22, 16 July 2012 (EDT)BK
- I really think the pikmin flourish when in battle, and that's why they get my vote. Sonicsidekick95 19:25, 16 July 2012 (EDT)
- Pikmin all the way. 188.8.131.52 21:54, 17 July 2012 (EDT)
- Pikmin do more damage. --Baboomba! talk 17:20, 18 July 2012 (EDT)
- A bigger variety that will become even bigger in Pikmin 3. Toadat9021doh (talk) 21:06, 19 July 2012 (EDT)
- The Pikmin are much cooler, have interesting elemental effects, and are not nearly as annoying as the Mites, whose sheer numbers (especially with the help of Subspace Generators) can make parts of the Subspace Emissary a bit frustrating to get through. Not to mention that they help Captain Olimar a whole lot during fighting/combat situations and adventuring. Fenyx4 (talk) 22:07, 19 July 2012 (EDT)
- Mites are annoying, but Pikmin aren't.--184.108.40.206 14:49, 20 July 2012 (EDT)
- Mites are SO 2-dimensional (GET IT??) Plus, they don't have a series named after them. —Preceding unsigned comment added by SSB Brawler (talk • contribs) 10:38, 15 July 2012
- Pikmins are cool!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by User:220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 16:49, 20 July 2012
Y U Guys hate Olimar? LightningBlue 19:07, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- I'm not really allowed to be critical towards one particular vote, but "Olimar is the worst character besides Jigglypuff" is just plain wrong. Shanicpower, you should get Wi-Fi so I can wreck you with my main, that being Olimar. Toast ltimatum 19:18, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- OK Let's cut to the chase. ShupaRoeh 20:04, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- I don't like to use Olimar, but there's a difference between not liking a character and thinking a character is terrible. Naked Snake 22:36, 14 July 2012 (EDT)
- Toast, I'm really, really sorry if I offended you and seeing what you have achieved I believe you are pretty skilled with Olimar. Yes, I would probably be punished if I faced you online. It's just... I'm not good at all with Olimar. I get pawned by level 2 CPU's when I'm using him. As I said, I'm very sorry if I offended you. Shanicpower Make it rain! 03:16, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- Its ok, we understand you. Some people like Olimar and some people dislike Olimar. Its ok to have that opinion. But I will have to disagree that Olimar sucks though because he is 2nd on the tier list. But like I said, some people are anti tiers. :P Dots The Hammer (bro) 17:21, 15 July 2012 (EDT)
- Because tiers are for que *shot*. But seriously, you have underestimated Olimar's power. F1reBurn1ng (talk) 02:02, 16 July 2012 (EDT)
AirConditioner, do you really know Japanese??? The Awesome 13:33, 18 July 2012 (EDT)
- Hell no. I just copied and pasted a random line from the song. :) AirConditioner 19px 19:24, 18 July 2012 (EDT)
To view and comment on suggested fights, go here.
List of past fights