- Could be now, could be a few more weeks. Hard to say. Toomai Glittershine The Sharp 20:30, 8 November 2012 (EST)
Rename the page? Talk:Space_animal_slayer 00:19, 13 November 2012 (EST)
- Yes I am aware of that. Toomai Glittershine The Trumpeteer 07:38, 13 November 2012 (EST)
- So...Support? Oppose? which 1? --
08:08, 13 November 2012 (EST)
- What makes you think my opinion is applicable and/or I am inclined to care? Toomai Glittershine Da Bomb 11:56, 13 November 2012 (EST)
- So...Support? Oppose? which 1? --
 hey man
If a normal/new user making such an edit summary would immediately/eventually be scolded, questioned, or blocked, how is it that you can get away with undoing edits because they don't favor your opinions (note that here your undoing was just, since the piece of information added by Peepo was extremely superficial, but the reason you stated should not ever be a reason to undo an edit, at least not without discussion) or you're "not a fan" of them? I didn't revert your edit because I've found myself breaking 1RV a few times in the last two years and I wanted to actually discuss with you why I replaced "Banning of Meta Knight" with "Banishment" (to be fair, it could be "Meta Knight's Banishment" or "Banishment from Tournaments," especially if specificity is what you're looking for): I did so to sort of conform with the manual of style which states that articles should not have titles like "Jump" and should instead have the title "Jumping," to provide one example, and section titles should not be exempt from this. As far as I know, "Ban" → "Banning" → "Banishment" for that specific verb (since "Jumpment" doesn't exactly exist), so my edit is correct in nature, but not the most correct available. I instead think it should simply be "Ban." Hear me out: Imagine reading an article on, say, Luigi, and a subsection under a section called "Attributes" is "Jump." "Jump" means "jumping ability" or "how significant Luigi's jump is," or perhaps "how high Luigi can jump and how this effects gameplay" just as "Ban" would mean "Banning of Meta Knight," etc. It is not my opinion that the wording is simpler (I assume in this case simplicity is the goal so long as it's not misleading), but fact, especially in accordance to the definition of the word 'simple.' "Jumping" could be correct, but that would allude to something like "how to jump with Luigi," which, since all characters can jump, is covered in the actual "Jump" and the X/C-button pages; where you would see "Jumping" as a section title on an article called "Character abilities" since it is the most correct there, "Jump" is more fitting in the situation I described, and therefore "Ban" is more fitting than "Banning of Meta Knight;" at least the "of" keeps it from being "Banning Meta Knight," which would allude to the process of banning Meta Knight (which can be covered by "Ban"/"Banishment") or instructions on how to ban him. The "Meta Knight" in there is redundant anyway given the article title. If we're going to go with only "Banning," then according to MoS, "Banishment" is more correct, which puts us right back where we started. Blue Ninjakoopa(Talk) 22:19, 6 December 2012 (EST)
- I punted "banishment" for two reasons:
- It sounds rather pretentious as a section title; while maybe technically correct it comes across as a bit informal and almost seems like a non-neutral point of view. Just my opinion of course.
- Its root is "banish", not "ban"; while they're certainly similar in meaning I don't think they're close enough that you can just use one for the other.
- Given your reasoning I do think that "Banning of Meta Knight" could be improved on, though I'm not sure in what way. Maybe "Ban from competitive play"?
- As for your opening, people get blocked for multiple rude edit summaries, not opinionated ones. Toomai Glittershine The Ghostbuster 22:52, 6 December 2012 (EST)
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Mafia today. However, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the logs of the game somehow after it is done. Could you do this for me somehow? Air Conditioner No time for losers! 18:54, 14 December 2012 (EST)
- Assuming enough players show up, yeah I'll figure something out. Toomai Glittershine The Emissary 18:57, 14 December 2012 (EST)
- Is a pastebin good enough for you? Toomai Glittershine The Frivolous 21:38, 14 December 2012 (EST)
 What was that?
 Victory pose images
Not to bother you with unimportant stuff, but it's already Sunday and the Smash Arena still hasn't been updated. Air Conditioner We were talking about the space between us all. 09:06, 23 December 2012 (EST)
Since we already removed the unnecessary categories from pages, there is no use for the current sidenotice to be showing when users log in. You can remove the current one. Dots The Mew 14:29, 30 December 2012 (EST)
 Demote Pikamander2?
I think it would be best to remove admin powers from Pikamander. He came back once two years ago for a two day period, where all he did was just ask for his adminship back (he did post in the browser poll six months later, but that's pretty irrelevant when it's the only thing he did). Besides it being bad form to just come back briefly to ensure he still has adminship, he would be hopelessly out of touch if he ever does come back. Nearly every user here wouldn't know him (and vice versa), and the Wiki has underwent some major changes in the time he was gone (such as new policies, different ideologies and standards). One of the most important things for an admin is that they know the community they're administrating, and that the community knows them. If Pikamander ever did came back and is serious about contributing and administrating, he could always get back in touch, make another RfA, and show to the community that he would be a capable admin. Until then, he should have his administer powers stripped, as he would not be a capable admin off the bat if he ever did return. Omega Tyrant 22:18, 4 January 2013 (EST)
- This is not a bad idea and I will certainly give it a think. Poke this if it's still hanging undecided after about a week. Toomai Glittershine The Bold 22:31, 4 January 2013 (EST)
- Would this be a good opportunity to test a deadminship process (if only to shut up possible complaints), or would it be needness cruft? Toomai Glittershine The Zesty 07:58, 5 January 2013 (EST)
- I think it would be needless cruft, as he's not being demoted for offenses on the Wiki that people could defend, but for a very long absence and inevitable out of touchness should he return that cannot be disputed. Plus as pointed out earlier, almost no one on the Wiki actually knows him (hell even I don't know him beyond being some admin from the 08/09 era), so it's extremely doubtful anyone would really be interested and have something constructive to say about him. As for people that would complain, I don't see anyone disputing this outside someone who adamantly sticks to the "admin for life" idea, which as we can see with Pikamander (and with Randall should he ever try asking for his adminship back), is not actually a beneficial idea for the Wiki in actual practise. Omega Tyrant 09:14, 5 January 2013 (EST)
- That's fine with me. I still come here on occasion, but I don't have the time to make regular edits. --Posted by Pikamander2 (Talk) at 19:15, 5 January 2013 (EST)
 Melee select/unlock renders
Would it be possible for you to upload the renders of characters as they appear when selected? For hidden/unlockable characters, the stance they are in is also used when they appear as Challengers Approaching, except the silhouette shows their entire body as seen in the first few seconds of this video. Some characters' select renders are the same as their official artwork, like Fox's. For characters such as Mewtwo, Ganondorf, and Dr. Mario, these renders feature them in stances different from their official artwork (Mewtwo for example has its right hand open and extended in the unlock/select render, but for his official artwork his left hand is forward with its right hand reserved. In Ganondorf's case, he has a unique Select render (kneeling forward) and a unique Challenger render (features him wielding his blade)). These images could be notable additions to their respective characters' galleries. blue ninjakoopa 01:24, 7 January 2013 (EST)
- We already have the select renders as the palette swap images and the approaching silhouettes as part of the challenger approaching screens. What more do we need? Toomai Glittershine The Frivolous 09:27, 7 January 2013 (EST)
 Name Change
- Noted. I will wait on this until Saturday to confirm you don't change your mind; if I haven't done it by Sunday poke me. Toomai Glittershine The Non-Toxic 21:22, 16 January 2013 (EST)
- One more request for name change:Porygon7. ShupaRoeh 17:17, 17 January 2013 (EST)
 Hi there!
Welcome to our wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- Please sign in, if you haven't already, and create a user name! It's free, and it'll help you keep track of all your edits. See Help:Why create an account for more info on creating an account.
- Questions? You can ask at the help desk or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The community portal has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
- Bandit 21:36, 18 January 2013 (EST)
 About Smash Arena
- Your vote was not counted because the system did not tell me you changed the page while I was making the new round. I guess I'll count it. Toomai Glittershine The Emissary 11:16, 19 January 2013 (EST)
 Forum index
 Resizing my signature icon
- Gimp. MegaTron1XD 13:10, 16 February 2013 (EST)
 Another resolution type?
Well, I was looking through some of the old SSBB widescreen images, and found some with this type. Is that another type of resolution size we can use for widescreen? Or is 640x360 enough? Just wondering is all, BTW. Airconny (talk) 10:33, 24 February 2013 (EST)
- It's wider than 640, which I believe to be the max a Wii can do, so I don't think it's valid. Toomai Glittershine The Multifaceted 12:31, 24 February 2013 (EST)
 Unable to move a page
I tried to move Smash Bros. DOJO!! to Smash Bros. DOJO!! (disambiguation). However, it won't let me and it says I do not have permission to move it. Do you think you could figure out what's going on and move it? Awesome Cardinal 2000 17:44, 13 March 2013 (EDT)
- T'es une bouffonnerie. Toomai Glittershine The Superlative 22:23, 31 March 2013 (EDT)
Bonjour Toomai. L'accueil principal a une faute de grammaire. C'est « une caractère », pas « use caractère ». J'espère que ceci vous aide.
- Trop crâneur. Mais vrais. Toomai Glittershine The Loony 22:28, 31 March 2013 (EDT)
 May I ask...
- Look at the date. Air Conditioner ばか. 01:45, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
 Ja hoor eens vriend
Ik zie niet in hoe het een grappig idee was om de Hoofdpagina Frans te maken. Ik bedoel, Frans is niet moeilijk te lezen, ook als je het niet spreekt, en het is een veelgesproken taal. Daar komt bij dat Frans gewoon kut is. Misschien is het je onderhand opgevallen dat ik je idee heb nageaapt, maar ik kan je verzekeren dat dat puur uit protest is. Dus kies een leuke taal of doe gewoon wat anders, want dit kan zo niet langer!
P.S. Als je hier geen gehoor aan geeft, zal ik dingen met je moeder doen die ze niet gauw zal vergeten. Of misschien ook niet. Nee, waarschijnlijk niet. Ban me alsjeblieft niet!--a.k.a. Luna! 07:28, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
- 欸, TOOMAI 先生, 你不想知道 LUNA 就说了什么。 我建议你禁止他。 Air Conditioner We were talking about the space between us all. 07:50, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
- Spanish LOL. You don't know your francophone sir. LightningBlue 15:51, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
- No es español, es francés. 不是西班牙语，是法语。真棒 红鸟 两千 16:37, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
- Tell them that for the next 3-3.5 hours I'm in a classroom whose IP address has been G-lined for as long as I can remember. Toomai Glittershine The Undirigible 17:54, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
- Also tell them that any admin can end our joke(s) if they wish; I'll finish it myself once I get out of said room. Toomai Glittershine The Dispenser 17:57, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
- Actually I just used the GameSurge G-line checker: apparently it expired. Last time I looked I thought it said March 29 2014, apparently that was actually 2013. I'll see how it goes. Toomai Glittershine The Xanthic 18:07, 1 April 2013 (EDT)
Warning — Your recent edit(s) possibly constitute vandalism. Continuing to edit in this fashion will result in your banning from the SmashWiki in accordance to our policies. If you do not believe that your recent edit(s) constituted vandalism, please respond to this post explaining why you believe that you have been wrongfully accused. — Mr. Anontalk 21:03, 1 April 2013 (EDT).
Why do you think Zamus shouldn't produce Power Suit pieces in her on-screen appearance in SSB4? I personally think the suit should just dissipate like it does in current Metroid games so as not to be inaccurate with Power Suit Samus. --RoyboyX Talk 19:12, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- The justification for the pieces existing in the first place is that the Zero Laser causes the Power Suit to overload. Clearly that's not happening when ZSS starts a match. Toomai Glittershine The Xanthic 19:16, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- I wouldn't know. Toomai Glittershine The Bold 14:59, 6 April 2013 (EDT)
- Yeah okay, just use it somewhere so it doesn't get poked for redeletion. Toomai Glittershine The Researcher 00:11, 8 April 2013 (EDT)
 Moar Frame Data!
Hey Toomai I need the following information if you can acquire it: Falco's vBrawl side b:
What are the invincibility frames? The Attack frames? The Cancel Frames? Total Frames? Landing lag(grounded)? Landing Lag (Aerial)? Thanks!--17:53, 11 April 2013 (EDT)
- Will go to IRC once found. Toomai Glittershine The Multifaceted 17:55, 11 April 2013 (EDT)
Let me get this straight: If I create an account, I can edit my signature and I can have the picture in it? 220.127.116.11 20:07, 12 April 2013 (EDT)
- Yes. DoctorPain99 21:07, 12 April 2013 (EDT)
- Only if "the picture" is an image that is not used in an article on the wiki. Toomai Glittershine The Hammer 21:22, 12 April 2013 (EDT)
I was unaware that there had been vandalism prior to that as well, and I thought that rollbacking would eliminate all vandalism. Sorry if this caused any disturbance or confusion. DarkFox01;) 20:38, 13 April 2013 (EDT)
 Welcome to my game/the game I have been editing.LoS PPS KoRos (talk) 08:44, 16 April 2013 (EDT)
- Well technically the smaller one is 8% larger and the bigger one is 23% larger than the primary hurtbox for a total area increase of 131%, or 2.31x the size of Kirby's body not counting interframe stretch. :P Toomai Glittershine The Breegull 12:39, 16 April 2013 (EDT)
 Two things...
Not sure if it goes here or to 'Admin Noitceboard', but I think this alright, I presume.
After having a recent discussion on IRC with PoD and Chika, I decided that if it would be plausible if you could change my username to "Conny". The following two reasons is because:
- One, it sounds very similar to Air Conditioner's username, and I don't want to look like I'm piggybacking on his name.
- Two, it's much better, simply put. Anything could be molded out of it, and technically would make a little more sense then "Airconny".
This is also my final decision, so will you please do it? Thanks.
And also, can you point to me the direction to your Hitbox Respiratory(?)? I recently conceived an idea with OT on demonstrating hitboxes with most of the SSBB characters, and we are going to need most of the technical data for them, more specifically, Snake and King Dedede (i.e. frame data, knockback scaling, whole move duration. Airconny 20:21, 18 April 2013 (EDT)
- Will do the name change tomorrow; bug me if it isn't done in 24 hours.
- The data I have filtered for wiki purposes so far is here. Toomai Glittershine The Different 22:37, 18 April 2013 (EDT)
 Smash wiki
- Dealt with. In the future, please contact either of us on SmashWikia. I've been fairly active on wikia these last few weeks, and I should be able to respond. Mr. Anontalk 21:48, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
 One quick request?
So just after I created this account, I realized I had typoed Sheik, and about a half hour later someone messaged me, saying I could come to you for a minor username change. Sooo... Coould you please change it from ShiekIsANinja to SheikIsANinja ? Thanks. (If you're wondering, I see Sheik as a ninja~) ShiekIsANinja (talk) 13:55, 29 April 2013 (EDT)
- Normally I make people wait a few days for name change requests to ensure they don't change their mind, but since this is a legitimate typo you can have it right away. Toomai Glittershine The Xanthic 13:59, 29 April 2013 (EDT)
 Talk Page Help
- When people give you suggestions in real life, do you call them annoying? Toomai Glittershine The Jiggy 13:14, 5 May 2013 (EDT)
 Today's my birthday
- lol. Dots The Musician 21:04, 15 May 2013 (EDT)
 Probate Baconlover9090
He has made the equivalent of 5 constructive edits to this wiki, and the rest of his edits are to Smash Arena and his userpage, and talk page messages where he complained about being banned or people leaving messages on his talk page. He made his only constructive edits a few weeks ago, after we warned him but has since stopped, continued to vote in SA, and has ignored the new warnings we've given him. Awesome Cardinal 2000 12:30, 18 May 2013 (EDT)