SmashWiki:New game procedure
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
The following rules are in effect regarding SmashWiki's coverage of Super Smash Bros. 4 during the time frame leading up to and immediately following its release dates.
- All content claimed for the new titles by sources other than Sakurai and the official website will require one of three types of sources to be included as legitimate, being either:
- Video footage, which must be clear and unambiguous.
- Screenshots posted from the game on Miiverse, with a link to the source post.
- Copious, thorough screenshots of the subject. This specific type of source will require community consensus on a relevant talk page before inclusion, as it is more subjective.
- The following sources alone will not be considered sufficient for information to be included here:
- Other screenshots not from Miiverse. Single image fakes are comparably easy to produce.
- Reports from other sites that do not cite one of the accepted types of sources listed above.
- The Super Smash Bros. 4 page should serve as a page that summarizes the two versions together, and should cover content common to the two versions (characters, general gameplay) as well as a summary of differences.
- The Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U pages cover content exclusive to each respective version (stages, modes, etc.) in addition to a brief summary of content from the main SSB4 page.
- Abbreviation/short form setup:
- Page title version: SSB4
- In-text versions: SSB4 or Smash 4, for Wii U or "the Wii U version", for 3DS or "the 3DS version"
- Be sure to adhere to the rules of the Status System when editing.