Samus's Gunship in the opening to Super Smash Bros. Melee
, along with the Great Fox
and Blue Falcon
- Not to be confused with the Subspace Gunship.
The Gunship is Samus Aran's ship that appears throughout the Metroid series. Her trusty starship is there when Samus needs to ride around the galaxy. She uses it as a resting place to regain health and save game data. The front of it also appears to be based on the design of the front of her helmet.
 In the Smash Bros. Series
The gunship trophy in Melee
The ship appears as a trophy.
- Samus' Starship
- This compact ship is used by Samus as her base of operations. Of course, Samus can't fly it into the catacombs of every planet she visits, so she leaves it on the surface as her sanctuary. Samus can recharge her Power Suit inside the ship, so it tends to be the only safe and secure spot on inhospitable alien terrain.
- : Metroid II: Return of Samus
The ship appears as a Trophy and Sticker. It is also seen in Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary.
The Gunship trophy from Brawl
- The ship that Samus pilots. Entering the gunship allows Samus to restore energy and save. Samus has been on numerous voyages in the gunship, but after being attacked by an X parasite in Metroid Fusion, she crashes into an asteroid belt and destroys the craft. After that, the Galactic Federation provides her with a new starship.
- Super Metroid (Super Nintendo)
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Nintendo Gamecube)
 Role in the Subspace Emissary
The Gunship in The Subspace Emissary.
After the Halberd is torn asunder, Samus' starship emerges, along with the Falcon Flyer, Falco's Arwing and Olimar's Hocotate Ship. Engaging the Subspace Gunship, Samus' piloting skills were a great asset to the Smasher's force, keeping the huge ship busy while Kirby destroyed it. Samus then followed Kirby's Dragoon into Subspace.