Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, editors and users, to the Smash Arena! Each week this forum hosts a tussle between two characters, items, stages or anything else from the Super Smash Bros. series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll but functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or who you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that round. No, you don't have to vote for the character with strength & power, or the stage considered more "fair", or the combatant with the most fans - just vote if you are a total fanboy of the participant. So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you don't have to have an account to vote! Though new requests for fights can no longer be made, voting on already existing requests can be done here.
 The Rules
- When voting, you can give a brief comment on why you voted the way you did, or you can just leave your signature. Long explanations for your vote are discouraged, as they are unnecessary (a vote is worth the same regardless of its reasoning), and they inflate the size of an already large page.
- You can vote only once. Any multiple votes will be removed.
- Put a
# before your vote to facilitate the vote counting.
~~~~ after your vote to sign it, whether you are logged in or not. Using the wrong number of "~"s counts as not signing - your signature must have both your signature itself and the time.
- There is a line in each section consisting of "DO NOT ADD COMMENTS OR EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE". You are to follow this rule; do not just type your vote at the bottom of the editing window. Not following this rule results in your vote being displayed in the wrong place.
- Put your vote below other votes; that is, so the votes are in chronological order.
- You may change or remove your vote at any time. To do this you must remove your old vote in its entirety; this is an exception to the "never remove comments" rule.
- You may vote only in the current fight; all previous fights are closed.
- Do not leave a space between your comment and the ones above it (and/or below it). Extra spacing results in the list numbers becoming disjointed.
- While previewing an edit of a single section, you will see loose formatting marks (such as a trailing
|}). Do not alter or delete them; they are important to the page's construction and take effect only when the entire round is viewed.
- If there are multiple fights in a single round, try to make all your votes in a single edit.
- Any comments about the fight should be left in the comments section. The following kinds of comments are not allowed:
- Comments relating to how close or one-sided a matchup is.
- Comments about other users' opinions. You can point out that a user may have gotten a fact wrong, but you can't say things such as "That's not a good reason" or "But the other guy is better because X". Users can vote for any reason they want; trying to argue with someone's opinion generally has no positive outcome, in addition to simply inflating the comments section of an already large page.
- Similarly, avoid writing votes that may invite an argument. Stating your opinion is fine, but don't make it easy for others to see it as goading.
If your vote is not added correctly - specifically, it breaks rules 3, 4, or 5 - you have a short amount of time to fix it (typically between fifteen minutes to an hour). After this time, it may be corrected and moved by any user to the Half-Votes section (adding the unsigned template if necessary), and it will count as half a vote. Other users should not fix such broken votes without also making them half-votes. Your vote will also be considered a half-vote if your edit causes someone else's valid vote to break one of these rules. Attempting to move your vote out of the Half-Votes section may result in it being worth zero (and subsequently deleted) at an operator's discretion.
Multiple votes in a round are not allowed; attempts to circumvent this with sockpuppets will result in all your votes being deleted, and is a blockable offense. Probated users who attempt to circumvent their probation with sockpuppets are also committing a blockable offense and will have their vote discounted. Remember that admins have access to CheckUser to check the IPs of any user, and will use it when sockpuppetry is suspected.
Intentional half-votes undermine the intent of the half-vote system as a way to punish voters for voting incorrectly. It is legal to want a vote to be worth half, but it is very heavily discouraged, and you must state in your vote you want it to be worth half. If you put your vote in the half-votes section without stating reasons why you want it there, it is worth zero and may be deleted by any user. You may replace it later should you do it correctly.
Above all, remember that voting in the Smash Arena is a privilege, not a right. In the vein of what SmashWiki is not, you are expected to at least attempt reasonable contributions to the wiki if you wish to retain your privilege to participate.
~ to ~
|These two Assist Trophies will get in your face, pummel you a few times, and blast you off the screen. They kinda have similar poses in these images, too...
 Votes for Waluigi
- waluigi is a great character.Tabuu king 8 (talk) 12:57, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Waluigi doesen't get enough love 22.214.171.124 00:26, 1 December 2013 (EST)
- I know more about Waluigi than Knuckle Joe. SeanWheeler (talk) 21:07, 1 December 2013 (EST)
- Waluigi has the most beautiful dancing skills on the planet. --126.96.36.199 21:17, 2 December 2013 (EST)
- The purpleness!!!!!!!!! It's... It's too much to handle!!!!! FireMario1534 23:29, 2 December 2013 (EST)
- Nothing beats the tennis racket! 188.8.131.52 03:25, 3 December 2013 (EST)
- Purple beats Blue. 184.108.40.206 10:41, 3 December 2013 (EST)
- In a hack you can play as Waluigi. 220.127.116.11 03:34, 4 December 2013 (EST)
- Waluigi is Number 1! Waluigi Time! 18.104.22.168 13:05, 4 December 2013 (EST)
- I like Waluigi. .<. --22.214.171.124 18:51, 4 December 2013 (EST)
- Waluigi deserves to be playable for once! He's got my vote! Multus Valde (talk) 23:41, 4 December 2013 (EST)
- Why doesn't anyone like Waluigi? ChuckNorris 16:53, 5 December 2013 (EST)
- Walugi needs to be playable! Harro (talk) 22:31, 5 December 2013 (EST)
 Votes for Knuckle Joe
- I would have to say Knuckle Joe is the most effective Assist Trophy in Brawl. Omega Tyrant 09:38, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- I don't like Waluigi .>. Scr7(talk · contribs) 09:39, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Fighter Kirby is one of the best copy abilities. Awesome Cardinal 2000 10:08, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Waluigi is the most pointless Nintendo character in history. He never appeared in a main series Mario game. Plus using the fighter ability is fun in Kirby Super Star. Dots (talk) The Mushroom 10:21, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Fighter ability is awesome, and he's an automatic KO. 126.96.36.199 12:30, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Knuckle Joe for SSSSSSS tier --Timson622222 (talk) 15:11, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- I prefer Kirby to Wario games. 188.8.131.52 15:14, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Waluigi has trouble linking his attacks to each other. 184.108.40.206 16:08, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Knuckle Joe gives the fighter ability which means Kirby really good. Waluigi is just awkward too. Sartron (talk) 18:47, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Blue 220.127.116.11 21:29, 30 November 2013 (EST)
- Kirby is only my favorite series ever. --Dinoboy411 (talk) 07:03, 1 December 2013 (EST)
- I like Knuckle Joe better. Smash Master 15:26, 1 December 2013 (EST)
- 18.104.22.168 12:13, 2 December 2013 (EST)
- I like Kirby better,and Knuckle Joe is sooooo powerfulMetaMewtwoSoul 16:01, 2 December 2013 (EST)
- the fighter ability that you get from this guy in the Kirby franchise is one of the best to many opinions
- I have no idea who this guy is, but he's really good and he's facing FREAKIN' WALUIGI! Of course he's gonna win! Planterobloon (talk) 18:47, 2 December 2013 (EST)
- Hate waluigi but don't really no knuckle joe, random vote22.214.171.124 12:29, 5 December 2013 (EST)
- waluigi sucks —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 00:00, 1 December 2013 (GMT)
15.5 to 4.5
|The next goodie vs. baddie matchup features some dude with a tail and some other mad scientist guy. They don't like each other very much. Brilliant flavour here.
 Votes for Fox
- Andross is an ugly ass. And besides, I'm pretty good with Fox in every smash game. Scr7(talk · contribs) 11:37, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- Andross can be pretty easy to defeat in Star Fox and Star Fox 64. :P Dots (talk) The Scout 11:46, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- Fox is actually playable in Brawl...and Melee...and 64. Requiem of Ice (talk) 11:58, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- Let's see Andross waveshine someone from mid percent to death and then we'll talk. --Timson622222 (talk) 12:14, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- What does the fox say? "Say your prayers Andross!!" Although I was expecting Andross's Assist Trophy image though. ZeldaStarfoxfan2164 (talk) 14:58, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- Fox is way too cheap--Pichu+Pichu (talk) 15:27, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- 188.8.131.52 19:59, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- 184.108.40.206 21:25, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- Cos' he's playable. C'mon Andross, waveshine for me. You can't? That's what I thought. FireMario1534 10:52, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- I've always found enjoyment in the Starfox games. So, Fox Mc.Cloud gets my vote :p 220.127.116.11 12:17, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- Bighead85721 (talk) 21:29, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- Andross is WIERD.MetaMewtwoSoul 16:05, 25 November 2013 (EST)
- I've never played star fox but I've played SSBB and SSBM18.104.22.168 11:03, 26 November 2013 (EST)
- Andross just looks weird in Melee. Brawl's design is preety good, but my vote is with Fox Multus Valde (talk) 04:36, 28 November 2013 (EST)
- Heroes win. SeanWheeler (talk) 10:45, 29 November 2013 (EST)
- Same as the above vote. Also, Andross is just a lame assist trophy. If you can beat Shadow of the Wolf, that's proof that Fox can take down Andross. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Planterobloon (talk • contribs) 18:28, 26 November 2013 (GMT)
 Votes for Andross
- Playing as the space animals has always been boring for me. Not to mention that Andross always scored KOs for me in SSBB :P. --22.214.171.124 14:02, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- Pity vote. 126.96.36.199 11:19, 25 November 2013 (EST)
- Poor Andross. Nobody likes him :( ChuckNorris 08:17, 27 November 2013 (EST)
- Never seen Fox at teh top of a tier list, now have you? Chuck the Duck (talk) 18:23, 27 November 2013 (EST)
- I just wanted to give andross a vote. mrsecret? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 04:59, 24 November 2013 (GMT)
Fox is an awesome character he cold defeat him! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 21:36, 26 November 2013 (EST)
To view and comment on suggested fights, go here.
 Past fights
List of past fights