Event 18: Link's Adventure
| Event 18|
|Official description||Everyone has a dark side... Link has two!|
|Character(s) used||Link (2 stocks)|
|Opponent(s)||Dark Link (2 stocks)|
Link's Adventure is the 18th event match of 51 in Super Smash Bros. Melee. This event takes place as a two-stock match between Link and Dark Link; Dark Link is given a completely black palette swap and he lacks any voice samples, but otherwise, he behaves identically to Link.
- The entirety of the Event Match acts as a reference to the video game Zelda II: Adventure of Link.
- At the end of the game, Link had to fight against a completely black version of himself called Dark Link. Similar to the Event Match, Dark Link behaved identically to Link, with the same attacks and jumping prowess.
- The title of the match references the title of the game, via changing the order of subjects.
- Link's red palette swap in the match references the shield spell Link would cast before the climatic fight; in the game, it would make his tunic turn red.
- The match takes place in the Temple stage; the background music of the stage is a light, orchestral remix of the Temple theme from Zelda II.
- The description of the Event Match states that Link "has two" dark sides; the significance of this is of debate. Some claim it acts as a reference to the fact that Dark Link's first appearance was in the second Zelda game, though others claim it references that Dark Link made a second appearance in the Zelda series with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. However, it could merely be a reference to the fact that Dark Link has two stocks and must therefore be defeated twice.